Sunday, April 23, 2006

Moonlighting

The problem with photography as a hobby is the acquisition cost of equipment that you need to produce respectable results.

2006_0331MalabonGrad0085 2006_0315NavProj0110

So, you try to make your hobby get up from its lazy butt and go earn something so next time you buy a silly photo gadget with a ridiculous price, you won?t feel bad about it.

So, I've been covering small events here and there for a minimal fee. Most of my shots from these events are of interest only to the one contracting the coverage. But every now and then, especially when I've finished taking the prescribed shots and have made my way to scenes that I would take on my own volition, little gems of a shot do come out.


I guess I live for these shots. I am no pro, and in terms of skills and knowledge, I am keenly aware that I'm a long way off from becoming one.


The fleeting feeling of satisfaction, and then the pressing impulse to do much better next time, are things that are felt when a person has made a craft a part of his or her life.

Untitled-12

No comments: