Sunday, October 23, 2005

Unfinished Painting

Unfinished Painting

It has been ages since I last touched a paintbrush - perhaps about a decade since I last completed a painting. It troubles me to see an unfinished painting. It calls out to me. It teases, provokes and belittles the person in me that daubs the paint.

I don't trust my eyes and hands to produce a painting of any worth. I trust my mind in conceiving, and bringing to imagined existence these images and scenes, but beyond the musing lies nothing but empty ambitions.

It is just a waste of time and resources. Leave the paintbrush to real artists. They have the hands to create beauty even out of sorrow.

I am after all, just a quasi-artist.

2 comments:

J. said...

...and a upm 05 inductee? hehe kabatch mo sila mark, orenz, etc from sunken pleasure then

izzybean said...

I just happened upon your blog, as out dated as I am, I seen this Unfinished picture, i hope its not finished, it is really great, quite haunting, you havea great gift, do not undersale yourself, you are an artist, I hope you keep painting!